ImaGem offers diamond grading with proof
Philadelphia, PA: After fourteen years of research, development and testing, ImaGem Inc. is proud to announce a major technological breakthrough: Diamond Grading with Proof TM. For the first time in the history of gemology, diamond grading supported with proof of measurements, instead of grading based entirely on opinions, is a reality.
Objective standards have been developed for color, clarity, fluorescence and light behavior based on scientific research and diamond grading schemes presently in use. Thousands of diamonds with GIA certificates were used to extract measurement standards for color, clarity and fluorescence grading.
For each grade, an objective direct measurement is provided. This is an important development. With measurements to support color, clarity, fluorescence and light behavior grades, users can be assured of accurate and repeatable grading service.
“Grading that is centralized has limitations – and is very expensive. Instead, with ImaGem’s equipment, grading labs can be set up where they are most needed – be it mines, manufacturing facilities, retail hubs and so on. What this technological breakthrough means for the industry is that objective, accurate and repeatable grading can be done at any location in the world by deploying ImaGem’s technology”, said Dr. Lalit K. Aggarwal, chairman and founder of ImaGem Inc.
Diamond grading with Proof technology has been adopted for commercial use by major retailers, gem labs, and site holders.
With this technological breakthrough ImaGem has developed color grading standards for diamonds that not only fall within the D-Z range, but have brown, gray and other hues.
Furthermore, color grading standards for colored diamonds have been developed using this technology. The key implication of these developments is that color grading can be done with built in digital masters of various sizes, and accurate and repeatable results can be achieved anywhere in the world where ImaGem’s color grading technology is deployed.
- The objective and measurable standards for color and fluorescence are based on a diamond’s chromaticity value and “Yellowness Index”.
- Objective standard for clarity is based on a new metric called, “Defect RatioTM” or “Clarity RatioTM” derived from current clarity grading practices.
- Light behavior grades are backed by numerical measurements for brilliance, sparkle and intensity as well as images that show these characteristics in a given diamond.
- ImaGem’s light behavior system is carefully calibrated to avoid pixel saturation and has a wide angle of incident and diffused light source. ImaGem’s system for direct measurement of light behavior is widely in use. It is also being used for cutting and re-cutting diamonds to increase quality and value.
- The system also offers fingerprinting technology. One of the most important aspects of this technology is that it can be used for any shape and moves away from modeling approaches which give estimates and not direct measurement of light performance.
To learn more about ImaGem’s diamond grading with proof technology, visit www.imageminc.com or call 1.215.477.9920.
We will be updating this section with more details in the next few days. Please visit us again to become a part of this most exciting development in the history of diamond grading.